For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Rossbanna Ltd ('we' or 'us') is the 'data controller' (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address and payment details) when you visit our website and place an order with us.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
- to help us identify you and any open orders you hold with us
- research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis
- customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
- marketing—see 'Marketing and opting out', below
- billing and order fulfilment
- customising this website and its content to your particular preferences
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you; and
- improving our services
Marketing and opting out
We will only contact you by email about our products, if you have asked us to do so. If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. See further 'Your rights', below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- our agents and service providers
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- our business partners in accordance with the 'Marketing and opting out' section above
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data:
- we store your personal data on secure servers
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently [£10]), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
- attach a cheque in the amount of [£10] made payable to Rossbanna Ltd; and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any order number(s) where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg order number(s)); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com with a header that says 'Unsubscribe' is acceptable),
- provide us with enough information to identify you (eg order name), and
- if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at Unit 59 Cariocca Business Park, Sawley Road, Manchester, M40 8BB.